With multiple awards and 45 years of civil trial experience, Patrick Sheehan has had significant experience in a broad range of complex cases. He earned his law degree from St. Mary’s School of Law in 1975, where he graduated first in his class.
For years, Patrick represented both plaintiffs and defendants and has tried multiple cases to jury verdict in both state and federal courts. He has tried jury cases lasting two weeks to four and a half months.
For the past five years his practice has focused solely on plaintiff side wrongful death and catastrophic personal injury, oil and gas, trust and estate and business torts litigation.
Patrick has earned numerous professional achievements, recognitions and awards and is repeatedly named a Super Lawyer.
Education & Experience
- St. Mary’s School of Law, First in Class, 1975
- Briefing Attorney for Texas Supreme Court Justice Sears McGee, 1975-1976
- St. Mary’s Law Review Editor
Awards & Activities
- Super Lawyers, 2019, 2020, and 2021, a Thompson Reuters Service
- Super Lawyers® highest possible selection and designation, 2009-2020
- Yearly AV Preeminent® Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating
- Top Rated Lawyer in Commercial Litigation by American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell®, 2015
- Lawyer of the Year as Best Fiduciary Litigation Attorney by San Antonio Magazine, 2015
- One of the Best Lawyers in America; Fiduciary Litigation, 2014
- Best Lawyers in America – Litigation – Trusts and Estates, 2013-2020
- Best Lawyers in Texas by A Best Lawyers (and the Wall Street Journal), LLC, 2014, 2019, 2020
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers by The National Trial Lawyers, 2014
- America’s Top 100 Personal Injury Attorneys for Northern Texas (2019).
- State Bar of Texas
- Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation – Life Member
- American Bar Association
- San Antonio Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Fellow of the San Antonio Bar Foundation
- American Association for Justice