Blake joined Dunn Sheehan LLP in 2017 after spending seven years at the world’s largest law firm, representing both plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal courts across the country in high-stakes litigation. Blake has extensive first-chair experience as a trial lawyer in Texas state court, taking multiple cases to successful verdicts. While Blake’s footprint is in Texas, he handles complex cases across a range of litigation topics, including contract disputes, fraud, negligence, intentional interference with business relationships, theft of trade secrets, and other business torts.
- Lead counsel in favorably resolving seven figure dispute and obtaining permanent injunction for leading media, internet, and mobile app companies (2021).
- Lead counsel in obtaining one-half million dollar judgment and recovery of attorney's fees and expenses following two day arbitration (2021).
- Lead counsel in successful prosecution in commercial landlord-tenant dispute and successfully obtained six-figure judgment and recovery of attorney's fees (2021).
- Lead counsel in DTPA, fraud, and breach of contract bench trial and successfully obtained complete victory and recovery of attorney's fees (2020).
- Lead counsel in successfully defeating national moving company's dispositive motion under the Carmack Amendment in favor of small business owner in interstate transport dispute (2020).
- Successfully defended several healthcare officers and directors against wrongful fraudulent billing claims (2020).
- Obtained seven figure judgment following four day bench trial for a small business owner in property tax lending dispute (2019).
- Successful negotiation and resolution of a wide variety of claims and lawsuits, including matters involving business torts and breach of contract claims.
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- The University of Texas School of Law, 2010, JD, Managing Editor, Texas Review of Entertainment and Sports Law Journal
- The University of Texas at Austin, 2005, BS, Neurobiology
- US Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Texas
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- US District Court for the Western District of Texas
- US District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- US District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- US Court of Federal Claims